Monday, April 13, 2015

My group’s presentation on paraphilias


Two weeks ago we presented on paraphilias what a topic. I work with many individuals who have paraphilias so I’m pretty used to hearing about it on a daily basis. We divide the work up and I did the wiki, so very sorry it was in-depth and long. Unlike the other groups, we didn’t have just two or three disorders we had paraphilias themselves, the DSM big 8, and hypersexuality (Along with the most taboo subject of all the presentations). But did that stop us NOOO!!! I had so much working with Lauren and Emily on this project they taught me so much about the MFT program to so thanks, girlies. Researching for the wiki was not a boring task I must tell I’m fascinated by atypical sexual behavior and I want my specialty to be helping people with these disorders and atypical sexual behavior in general. I thought I already knew a lot about paraphilias boy was I wrong. I learned so much from researching this topic some of my favorite facts that I found were:
-the research on pedophiles brains, how different they form a healthy brain
-gold star pedophiles and the scene from the movie the woodsman-if you haven’t watched please do, for second you think “baby girl run from this monster before it’s too late” and to him the whole movie he’s been trying to be a gold star pedophile and you think he is finally going to give in and then when she tells him about how she sits on her daddy’s lap. At that moment, everything changes he knows he was close to giving in to temptation and he feels for his almost victim.”  
- That shoes and feet are the most common fetish
-  The Necrophilia and zoophilia (bestiality) are not only legal in some states, but most of those states are against gay marriage.
- That all the bathroom play paraphilias are all legal …I have a sanitation issue with that one
 - one of my favorites thing to do when teaching is to make sure that you know the difference between terms because if we are going to work with clients that have these paraphilias and we use the wrong lingo they could be insulted just like we discussed last week with LGBTQ clients). This is why I added all the Know the difference areas of the wiki.
I also read through your guys blog on our presentation and I just wanted to thank you so much for saying how you found it informative and one of the best presentation yet. I also noticed a lot of you said that this opened your eyes to many things and especially on how to deal with clients with paraphilias. And thank you for the shout outs to Scott, I really hope thing work out for him and Court. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment