Monday, April 13, 2015

Elderly interview



The elderly interview was enlightening in that I learned a lot about my interviewee then I had ever known. She was amazing women of her time. For 50’s and 60’s to be a women in the workforce let along a mother was big deal and to get a divorce was unheard of. But she overcame many oppressions her lack of sexual education, her cheating husband, and years without significant other. We will never truly understand what it was like to live during the great depression, WWII, the TV dinner 50’s and sexual revolution of 60’s. We can only go by what the elderly and the baby boomers tell us. However they will never understand what it’s like to be born into the AID’s epidemic and 9/11. But we need to learn from each other and grow. The women of my family were all a part of great feminist time my great mother was a flappers and my mother was a flower child. I like to think this is another great time for feminism and the world is changing its views and I believe it’s all for the better…at least I hope…   

No comments:

Post a Comment