Saturday, April 25, 2015

Last Blog Post

When the professor first told me about this class she said it may be a little intimidating because the students will know more of the clinical and therapy aspects, and yet you will know more of the actual sex. I have learned so much through all the books, projects, presentations, videos, and my classmates. This class really helped me learn about how to treat my future clients with sex related issues not just the everyday couple relationship issues, but how to deal with actual sex offenders. Before this class I wanted my specialty to just be helping individuals with sexual dysfunctions and couples therapy. This class has helped me realize that I also want to specialize in paraphilic disorders and paraphilias in general. I really want to not only help the individuals but also their partners and families through any troubles they may face. Overall whatever my profession may be in the future be it couples and sex therapist, sex educator, or sexologist, the things I learned in this course will always be applied to my work and life. This class really is life altering so thank you so much Professor.        

No comments:

Post a Comment