Friday, March 20, 2015

“Don’t Yuck My Yum”


     I thought last week’s presentation on Orgasm Disorders was well organized, cohesive, and well spoken. I was never boring my attention  kept the whole time which is  hard because I have ADHD if you couldn’t tell. Their video was also good I like how they displayed a same-sex couple and how even between women Orgasm and pleasure mean something different to each individual. Also how as partners pleasure affects the other partner. The wiki page is also well organized and displays in-depth information. The videos are also educational I enjoyed the Laci Green videos, I can relate her she a ginger and from our generation and informative.   
    
     Strange Sex video on Vaginismus was revealing and yet still had the TV dramatization. Like the rest of us I learned about Vaginismus in undergrad abnormal psychology. I found it fascinating then and I find it fascinating now. Yet again, sexual shame and repression rears its ugly head with the girl in the video. Her parent’s teachings along with her religious beliefs caused so much anxiety that it caused a painful disorder. I also thought that the fact that she only knew her husband a week before he asked her father for her hand in marriage. Someone needs to discuss rushing into things with them; because there is no way you can know someone after a week, let alone feel safe enough with them to get married. I found it funny during the video one of the doctors working on her called it “princess syndrome”, and our lovely professor says “I have never heard of that. I don’t think that’s very accurate”. Don’t believe everything you hear and see without researching it first.

     On Tuesday Emily sent up a lecture at Amazing superstore in Providence, so along with Dana and Colleen we went on an Amazing adventure (get it). The company as decide to change it marketing strategy by gearing the store towards women. They had just reinvented and I will say it was female friendly they were nothing distasteful everything displayed in a classy way. The manager showed us the best selling products and how they worked which was fun and we all had a good laugh. She then showed us around the store, a let us smell all the different pheromone perfumes and room sprays, and let us taste the edible lubes. It was so much fun, Emily thanks you so much for setting that up.     

     Last night Emily and I attended two of the Brown Sex week lectures Kink 101: An Introduction to Kink and Kink 200: introduction to Bondage. We had to have fake names to protect out anonymity and the lecture used one of my favorite sex-positive quotes “Don’t yuck my Yum”. Kink 101 was  about kink safety the Importance of consent, safe words, breath play is never a good idea, and using EMT scissors because they are strong and can’t cut you. Kink 200 was all about bondage we learned about safety first never tie a rope to the front of the neck only to back, leave slack in the rope and make sure you can fit two fingers between the rope and the body part, and check circulation ever 5 minutes. Then the lecturer taught us four different types of knots which were fun. We got 12 feet of free bondage rope, I also got two female condoms and a trust dam. I love free swag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment